CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, November 18, 2010

What I am THANKFUL for....

I thought since next week I will be busy spending every waking minute with my family celebrating my most favorite holiday, I would do a post on what I am most Thankful for this year...

First and foremost I am thankful for my LORD and SAVIOR for giving me another wonderful year of life and memories. Although I thank Jesus everyday for his creation and love for me, I think Thanksgiving is the perfect time to reflect and look back on your year as a servant of Christ. Thank you Jesus!!

Next I am thankful for my family both new and old. This year I get to be thankful not only for my family but Brad's family as well.  They have been such a big part of my life for 5 years and now they are officially my family and I cant wait until we started our own family traditions.

I am thankful for my wonderful husband who has so graciously let us celebrate Thanksgiving in Houston with my family this year! Thanksgiving has always been the biggest holiday for me and most of my dad's 9 brother and sisters and their families meet up to celebrate!

I am thankful to have started all these new chapters in my life this year... Marrying the love of my life, moving one too many times, graduating college (well almost, come on Dec 18th), and starting new traditions with my new and bigger family.

I just cant express how much I love Thanksgiving!!!! It is seriously my favorite holiday!! I love Christmas almost just as much but I feel like Thanksgiving is one of those holidays that just sneaks up on you (unlike Christmas) and really makes you stop in your tracks and reflect. It is the perfect amount of time off from work and school to spend quality time with family. My favorite things about Thanksgiving are...


     
Of course the Thanksgiving feast!! The feast usually includes 2 turkeys, 1 ham, tons of mashed potatoes and gravy, rolls, green bean casserole, many different kinds of pie, cranberry sauce, stuffing, sweet potatoes, pistachio pudding, fruit salad, deviled eggs, and although this isn't part of our Thanksgiving meal we eat homemade tamales!!






Our Thanksgiving feast is ordinary yes (minus the tamales) but our Thanksgiving activities are anything but ordinary because my family gets all dressed up in camo, helmets, goggles, and guns. That's right I said guns.


 Because my family goes paint-balling. We load guns with balls of paint and shoot each other. So I am thankful for unusual family activities and padded clothing!!!!


What are you thankful for this year?

Love,
Elizabeth

1 comments:

Meagan and Parker

I'm thankful for you!! :) I hope you have a wonderful week! Sounds like it will be so much fun! miss you!

Post a Comment