CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow DAY!!

I am actually really happy about this snow day because I was already not going to be able to go to work (doctor's orders) so this means I didn't have to take another day off work. I feel so bad only being there 3 weeks now, and already missing 3 days, so at least today's absence doesn't count. Yesterday I tried to get into CareNow on my lunch break for the severe sinus pain I was having in my face. Of course the wait was 2 hours so I went home and put a super hot compress on my face and took more Ibuprofen to get me through the rest of the day. I was able to leave work a little early and head back to CareNow to get checked out. First let me describe my symptoms to you: I have had a stuffy nose for 2 weeks now which I can deal with no problem, but Sunday night I woke up with excruciating pain in my face from sinus pressure. I ended up taking more then the maximum dose of Ibuprofen yesterday to deal with it. At the doctor I ended up only having to wait about an hour to see a doctor and he came in and checked me out and told me I had a severe sinus infection. So the treatment would be a shot in either hip, a steroid shot for inflammation and an antibiotic. (OMG the anitbiotic shot was the most painful shot ever, I couldn't even make it up the stairs of my apartment without crying, not to mention my face was still hurting.) I got a prescription for an oral antibiotic and vicodin for the pain. They checked me out and I painfully headed home to pack up an overnight bag and head to Plano to stay at my Dad's since he would be home from work today to take care of me. Poor Brad felt so bad he was halfway across the country as I was dealing with all of this. I got my prescription filled and went home to eat a hot meal (thanks Ryan). I took all my meds and went to bed (crashed) at 10:30. I woke up in what I thought was the middle of the night but nope it was only 11:10. I didn't fall back asleep until about 6:30 this morning and woke up at 9. Needless to say there is a nap in my future today! I have the ok to go back to work tomorrow hopefully feeling much much better than I did Monday! But for today I am enjoying the cozy snow day with my Dad and brother Ryan!!

Hope you got a Snow Day to enjoy!

Elizabeth

1 comments:

kellimoss

sorry your sick! lane is getting over a sinus infection currently too. feel better :)

Post a Comment