CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ride for Kids 2010


This past Sunday my Dad participated in the Ride for Kids! It is a fundraiser for the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation. My Dad spent weeks raising money with his group from Maxim Honda (where he bought his motorcycle.) He also participates in monthly rides to breakfast with the Maxim crew. Riding is his new hobby and even though I was so scared for him to get a bike, I have been on a couple rides and realized he is a really safe driver. So its all the other people I am scared of. lol Anyways he ended up raising over $1600 and had a great time meeting some of the kids. Brad and I went out to take pictures of the kids and all the bikers pulling away. There was probably over 300 bikers there for the ride! The kids were adorable and none of them looked sick which was the saddest part. We definitely take our health for granted, and it made me re-think about the things I am grateful for in life! The Maxim crew collectively raised $24,000, and overall this year's ride raised $131,205.71 which is awesome!!!! 

 Here are some pictures from the event!

 

Dad all ready to go!!

So proud of him!!
All the kids suffering from a pediatric brain tumor! Aren't they just presh!!!!


Congrats to all those who helped with this cause!!


Elizabeth

1 comments:

Lauren

Wow, thats awesome! Those kids are so cute!

Post a Comment