CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 4, 2010

Deep in the heart of TEXAS!!!!!



That's right this temporary Oklahoman is a true TEXAS girl at heart!!!

I went home this weekend to visit the hubs and my family again, and we spent the weekend doing what true Texans do in the fall. We went to a high school football game Friday night, and the State Fair of Texas on Saturday (not for that game with those 2 teams we don't like) but for the Texas sized fried food!!! 



As I mentioned before, Brad and I went to our Alma Mater (Plano East Senior High) for a football game on Friday for the first time since freshman year of college. So it has been awhile since we reminisced about being part of a high school game! It was fun to get on the field and see an old coach!! 

Plano Plano EAST EAST!!! Go Panthers!

Us with Ms. Simmons 
The game was a blowout! East beat Plano West by a ton! It was weird going back and not really knowing anyone!


Then on Saturday we got up early to do some shopping, and then we headed to the State Fair on the dart train just before the game started to try and beat the crowd! Well the crowd wasn't exactly beat, but the weather was absolutely perfect!! It was Brad, my little brother Ryan, and I and we didn't ride any rides we mainly just tried the weird fried food and walk around through the exhibits! 

On the train!!
Waiting in line for coupons!
Fried Frito Pie! yummy!!!
Fried Oreos!!! delicious!

Love this man sooooo much!
petting the kangaroos!!
I want a mini zebra!
Favorite part of the fair petting the animals!!
Brad throwing in some contest
Ryan throwing

In case you were wondering we did get a footlong corndog from the fair! I just didn't get a picture because we inhaled them so fast!!! I love fair food!!!! and I love spending time with my family!

Elizabeth

0 comments:

Post a Comment