CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rangers and a run

 This past week Brad and I made plans to meet some friends at a rangers game on Tuesday night, but our friends ended up not being able to go. Of course Brad assumed I wouldn't want to go but to be honest his assumption comes from my complaining about how hot baseball games are. Well Tuesday the weather was beautiful so I was all for it!! Also their is nothing like ball park food!! YUMMY!!! I was wearing a jacket at the game and was still cold, but that beats the heat any day!! We only stayed till the 8th inning, but we were winning by a lot and it was getting late! I also was able to catch up with some old friends from high school who I hadn't seen since last summer! I love randomly bumping into old friends!! Here are some pics from the game!!

Go Rangers!!!!!




The rest of the week was pretty normal. Friday night Brad and I went to dinner and finally rented the movie Fighter. Brad has been wanting to see it and I could tell you honestly that the movie was decent up until the part where I fell asleep on the couch :( I am such an old lady sometimes. But granted I work 7:30 -5:30 M-F with 2 year olds. I should be tired I am not superwomen. Brad said the movie was good though in case you were wondering!

Today we woke up early (7:30 on a Saturday is just wrong) picked up breakfast and headed up to Plano to watch my dad race in a 5K for their church charity. There was about 700 people that ran the race and my dad finished 160. His time was 28.22 minutes. I think that is pretty impressive since he started training about 3 weeks before. I am hoping he will find another race and Brad and I will join him next time! I got two pictures of him running and they are of him on the last leg so everybody was pretty spread out at this point, but I promise he wasn't the only one running! lol


Brad and I just sat in our chairs and ate donuts while all these people went running by. Needless to say we felt pretty crappy about ourselves afterward. The winner of the race was a 15 year old boy, I am pretty sure he was born to run. He ran the 5K in 17 minutes. He was haulin it, let me tell you! It was really cool to see all the families out there running with their kids, what a great example they are showing them!! We headed to the house after the race and my dad and I went to run some errands to finish up his kitchen remodel. Then we came back and made homemade enchiladas and stuffed jalapenos. Delicious!! Brad and I came back to apartment, and I went straight to the pool to lay out for the first time this year. I may or may not have laid out to long on my back, because my frontside is bright red, and my backside is white. I guess tomorrow will be spent tanning my backside to even it out. lol

I feel like this weekend has been going by so slowly and I am enjoying every minute of it. I made a to do list on Friday and Brad and I were able to knock off half the list today!!! I just love lists, but I love crossing things off lists even more!!!!

Hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!!


Love,
Elizabeth

2 comments:

kellimoss

LOVE going to ranger games! Hopefully, we can make it down to dallas sometime after the wedding. And, I've GOT to start running again :)

Anonymous

Oh my goodness, LOVE baseball games! How fun :)

And way to go, Daddio! Running that well in only a few weeks of training is awesome!

Post a Comment