CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A weekend of work and fun!

This weekend started off on Friday by eating at McCalisters for dinner. There was no one but us in the restaurant it was a perfect little date! We then hit up Barnes and Noble for some new books and then headed over to Wal-mart to pick up a few things for the week. I just love nights like this!! We got home and I studied and went to bed early because....

On Saturday I took the two tests I was required to take to receive my Texas Teaching Certification. I took the first one from 8am-12pm in Dallas, and the second one from 2-6pm in Arlington. Luckily I finished the first one around 10:30 so I was able to come home and shower and get ready. Brad informed me on Friday that someone at work had given him two tickets to the Kenny Chesney/ Zac Brown Band concert. Unfortunately the concert started at 4:30 and I wasn't sure if I was going to be done testing by then. So in between tests I got dressed and did my hair then laid out all my stuff so that I could come home and change real quick or Brad could bring it to me if I was running late. I fortunately finished my exam at 3:30, so I rushed home and changed. we were out the door by 4:15 headed back to Arlington to Cowboy's Stadium. I felt like I had driven all over Texas yesterday. Our tickets were suite level tickets and we had a parking pass that got us into reserved parking. Which meant we parked on the first row outside the stadium. Why cant we ever score that kind of parking for sporting events. I'm talking walk right out the stadium doors into your car. AMAZING!!! It was so easy to get out of there after the concert too!

Back to the tests... I thought they both went really well, but I unfortunately have to wait until May 16th for the results, but I am seeing a Texas Teaching License in the near future!!

The concert was incredible. We were able to see Billy Currington, Zac Brown Band (my favorite of the night), and then Kenny Chesney. There were so many people there it was packed and I am pretty sure sold out! Here are some pics...

Billy Currington




Zac Brown Band!!





This is how Kenny started his show!!


The concert was great! But after such a long day and waking up early for Sunday school and church this morning, I passed out today for a few hours! I love Sunday afternoon naps!! I am not quite ready for another week to start, but I am excited to go back to Stillwater this upcoming weekend for Easter!!! One of my really good friends Haley will be in town!!!!


Hope you have a great week in preparation for Easter!!

Love,
Elizabeth

0 comments:

Post a Comment