CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 13, 2010

Ear Candleing

So 2 years ago I helped a friend use the ear candles to clean out her ears and it was amazing. For those of you who don't know me I am really amused by disgusting things like popping zits, or blisters, ... you get the picture I'm weird, but who would have guessed that I would marry someone who was just like me!! That's right Brad is amused by the same stuff!! Anyways I saw something about ear candles the other day and decided to show Meagan and Parker a video of it being done to show them exactly what it was, and we decided to try it out for ourselves. So Meagan and I purchased the ear candles for ourselves and our husbands and came home to try them out.

Ear Candles are basically just long hollow tubes made of bees wax and one end is coned to fit in your ear canal and the other end is open. You light the open end on fire and it creates a vacuum that sucks the ear wax out of your ear. Yes I have read the reviews and heard that it is a hoax or ineffective, but we still tried it out! Here are the results...

Parker went first
His Results

Meagan was next
Her Results

Then it was my turn
My Results

Brad was last
I think he was sleeping.
His results

So in the end Meagan and I came to the conclusion that because we clean our ears daily with Q-tips we most likely just pack it further in there, and that is why we had more solid ear wax come out then the boys. I guess we shouldn't clean our ears so much but I rather be able to only see the ear wax if I candle it out rather than it being noticeable to the whole world. Acoustically it doesn't really do much for ya, actually there is probably no value to ear candleing at all but I will never turn down a chance to see something disgusting!!


Elizabeth

1 comments:

kellimoss

that's funny!! i love gross stuff too :)

Post a Comment